We have a part time position available this summer. We try our best to create a fun, interactive, fast-paced work atmosphere on our small farm and look for enthusiastic, hard-working people to join our team. We are currently accepting resumés for this season. We are able to employ from March 31st to October 29th. Sometimes the season is longer depending on the weather.
Garcia's Gardens is a small but mighty family farm in Indianapolis, Indiana situated on 1.5 acres. We grow seasonal salads and other specialty produce for farmers markets. We are a production farm with a focus on efficiency. In 2021 we plan to have a crew of 3 to 4 part-time people working with us from end of March through the end of October. Sometimes the season is longer depending on the weather. It is extremely important that all of our crew help in creating a workplace where people are cared-for and encouraged. Positions start at $11 an hour. Work on the farm is fast paced and we are looking for dynamic people who can stay positive and be encouraging to their fellow crew members.
The following requirements apply for all workers at Garcia's Gardens. All employees must:
– Have a valid driver's license and transportation to get to work on time.
– Work Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 8am to 5pm. Earlier pending weather.
– Possible extra hours during peak season
– Be able to commit to the duration of the season (March 31st to October 29th).
– Be physically fit and able to lift up to 40 lbs unaided with a mask.
– Provide their own comfortable, rubber boots to work in.
– Work well as a team member and independently.
– Bring their own lunch every day.
No farm experience required, though it doesn't hurt. All employees will be trained for their position on the job.
Farm team member's tasks will include, but not be limited to:
– Helping with Harvest
– Washing Salad Greens
– Washing Harvest Totes
– Seeding Microgreens
– Packaging Salad Greens
– Nursery Work
– Field Work
New team members start at $11/hour. Pay increase is based on how much responsibility a team member handles.
11717 E 42nd St.
Indianapolis IN, 46235